Table of Contents
Ecommerce business is one of the ginormous and fastest-growing industries, attracting and encouraging many people to start an Ecommerce business.
When you start a business, you treat it like your baby, and you want everything to be “the best” for your baby.
So, here comes the list of the question of all time,
● What is CMS and which is the best E-commerce CMS do I want for my ecommerce website development?
● What custom changes do I want for my baby website?
● Will I be able to handle everything on the website on my own | OR | Do I want a website that does not need a lot of maintenance?
● What CMS system do I want for my business website, so I can keep it up-to-date?
Well, you are gonna have more questions than this. But let me tell you, I can help you with the above questions atleast. The answer to all the questions is “Magento”.
We are gonna discuss “What is Magento and Why you should choose Magento for Ecommerce Website Development?”
Topics to discuss:
1. What is CMS
2. What is Magento?
3. Why it is better than the other CMS system?
4. Its benefits and limitations
- Cost of ownership.
- Enterprise level.
- Maintenance Cost.
- B2B features and International shopping.
- PCI compliance and Security.
- Customer group
What is CMS?
A Content Management System [CMS] is a software platform that lets its users create, edit, archive, collaborate, report, publish, distribute and inform. Its Graphic User Interface (GUI) makes interacting with a website’s database user-friendly.
What is MAGENTO?
Magento is a super popular ecommerce platform. It is a Content Management system that helps to develop best ecommerce sites and also allows the user to make all the custom changes in any part of their e-commerce website, unlike shopify website or Bigcommerce website. It is highly flexible; you can literally build anything you want.
Why it is better than the other CMS system?
● Magento was recognized as the most popular e-commerce platform in the world in the year 2013.
● Simple and easy-to-use features.
● Flexible Content Management System: You can quickly build customized solutions that work in sync with your e-commerce business needs due to the Magento platform’s flexibility.
● Good for marketing with its effective tools like cross-sells and upsells that entice users to buy more products.
● Magento creates search-engine-friendly URLs that are good for marketing.
● One of the best things about Magento is that it provides an inclusive range of features in a well-organized manner.
● Updates the website automatically. (Usually not available on other ecommerce platforms)
● Supports multiple websites to promote products and services across domains.
● Mobile optimized sites: Magento is responsive and completely mobile-friendly.
● Advanced SEO: Magento’s advanced SEO support features give products a great chance to rank on all popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and more.
Its benefits and limitations:
a. Cost of Ownership: Magento’s basic version of the platform is totally free. Although it does ask you to pay for the hosting part, so it basically cost the same as the other website development systems.
b. Enterprise level: Magento’s advanced version i.e Magento Commerce starts at USD 22000 per year, which is actually less than Shopify Plus (it charges USD 24000 per year, with limited features than Magento).
c. Maintenance Cost: One of the limitations of Magento would be the maintenance cost. Although it provides you with the advanced features of every other platform like Shopify and Bigcommerce, which is super easy to customize the only limitation here is that you have to maintain the website on your own as it is an open-source platform.
d. B2B features and International shopping: One of the best features is its B2B and Multi-store features. Magento handles International E-commerce in the best possible manner than any other in the market. It helps you create different customer groups and the ability to handle every group as per your choice.
e. Customer group: Manage your products efficiently. You can display specific prices for a specific group of customers, add multiple images for products, and control everything by using simple options.
f. PCI compliance and Security: Another limitation here is the Security system. Other platforms like Shopify, Big Commerce, and WooCommerce have their own PCI compliance and security system. Since Magento allows you to customize every possible little thing, it makes you handle its security system as well. So it’s on you; how you wanna handle it.
Magento is the ultimate Ecommerce solution that offers a high scale of security and a great business environment. If you are looking to build your website in Magento CMS and looking for the best and reasonable Magento Developer, Webdukes Technologies is the best option to contact for. He helps you to build your Magento website with attractive features and proper functionalities.